Gerard Gaughan - Business facilitator
Gerard is a creative business facilitator focussing on bringing positive change to businesses and individuals. With broad, multi-company and global experience, he challenges the norms that so easily stifle growth and effectiveness within the individual and their company.
Gerard’s commercial career started in the Construction Industry, leading on to Senior Sales and Marketing roles within Mars Confectionery and InBev. As a Director of Consulting with Glendinning Management Consultants, he managed global clients delivering both Strategic Change projects and Capability Development programmes across twenty countries.
He is passionate about working with people to help them develop their full potential as individuals, which then delivers long term benefit for the companies they work within. He is at his most creative when taking seemingly complex issues or topics and developing ways in which they can be effectively and memorably delivered to teams - ensuring they have maximum impact.
Gerard’s broad commercial experience across Sales and Marketing, together with a real thirst for looking for alternative approaches that deliver true competitive advantage, delivers solutions that are pragmatic and effective. A relaxed style that focuses on really understanding his clients overall business needs, before linking this to appropriate support through both consultancy and training, ensures that the changes he stimulates are effective and lasting.
- Director of Consulting with Glendinning - 6 Years
- AMEC International/Sumitomo Construction - 10 years
- UK and Japan
- Mars Confectionery (Masterfoods) - 6 years
- Sales and Customer Marketing
- Interbrew UK (InBev) - 3 years
- Consumer Marketing and Category Marketing
- Variety of senior commercial management roles, including:
- Project and Commercial Management on projects of £100million +
- Senior National Account Roles in Confectionery
- Category Marketing Controller (developed first Category Management approach for InBev)
- Consumer Marketing - Responsible for Stella Artois brand On & Off Trade in UK
Education, professional training, affiliations and leadership positions
<-- More of Our People